Monday, December 18, 2023

Book of Mormon Testimony 2021-05

My testimony that the Book of Mormon is true is a different path than most, but nevertheless I know the Book of Mormon is true.

Before I was baptized, I had read most of the Book of Mormon, but initially my decision to be baptized was based that Christ’s church would have the authority and power to represent Christ. I believed that there had been an apostasy followed by restoration. Joseph Smith was a prophet and had these priesthood authority and keys that has been restored by John the Baptist, Peter, etc. Joseph Smith has passed these authority and keys down through the latter day prophets.

I had read and studied the Book of Mormon several times since my baptism. I have had many spiritual impressions as I have read the Book of Mormon. I noticed as I read the Book of Mormon my life would be blessed. I would be more at peace. I observed that good things would start happening to me that coincides when I started reading the Book of Mormon l.

I hadn’t formally ever prayed to ask “if these things are not true” in Moroni 10:4 because I didn’t feel the need. I knew the Book of Mormon was true already. Although I didn’t formally pray, there is one spiritual impression that I had strongly “manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost”

During the winter of 2011-2012 (I didn’t record the exact date😔), I was walking by myself in Green Canyon, Cache County, Utah began listening to 1st Nephi at the beginning. As I was walking back to my car and just about to finish 1st Nephi, my spiritual manifestation began.

At an instant, it seemed like I had gigantic information flow into my mind and I had absolute understanding of Book of Mormon. It seemed like a firehose of information was flowing into my mind, yet I comprehended everything. I was amazed that I could understand everything so clearly. My intelligence seemed to be magnified infinitely. I felt the spirit and overcome with amazement and awe. I felt gratitude for the experience with tears in my eyes.

At an instant later, the manifestation left me including the intellectual capacity and most of all my understanding. I was surprised how little I remembered or understand from the event. I wanted to remember it all, but couldn’t. I still remember where I was walking in Green Canyon.

One thing I do remember is the structural outline of the Book of Mormon.
  1. Lehi’s dream (1st Nephi 8) is the overarching thesis statement
  2. Nephi’s vision (1st Nephi 11-15) is the doctrinal support of the thesis statement
  3. Remainder of 1st Nephi is the application of thesis statement.

The experience was similar to D&C76:12 “By the power of the Spirit our eyes were opened and our understandings were enlightened, so as to see and understand the things of God—“

Within a few months of this spiritual experience, I was ordained a High Priest and later called be in a counselor in a YSA bishopric.

No comments: